Saudi Arabia 1995

According to THERELIGIONFAQS, Saudi Arabia is a country located in the Middle East, bordered by Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, and the United Arab Emirates. It is the largest country in the region and has a population of around 33 million people. The official language is Arabic and the currency is the Saudi Riyal. The capital city is Riyadh which is home to many of the country’s most important landmarks such as Masmak Fortress and Al-Faisaliah Tower.

The landscape of Saudi Arabia ranges from vast desert plains to rugged mountains and lush oases. There are also several major cities such as Jeddah, Mecca and Medina which are hubs of culture and commerce. The climate here varies depending on location but generally consists of hot summers with temperatures reaching up to 50°C (122°F) in some areas; while winters can be quite cold with temperatures dropping below 0°C (32°F).

Saudi Arabia has earned itself the nickname “The Land of Two Holy Mosques” due to its two holiest sites: Masjid al-Haram in Mecca – which houses Islam’s holiest shrine; and Masjid an-Nabawi in Medina – where Prophet Muhammad’s tomb can be found. These sites draw millions of pilgrims from all over the world each year who come seeking spiritual enlightenment or just to experience these sacred places.

The culture here is deeply rooted in Islamic traditions with traditional dress being worn by both men and women; plus there are several festivals throughout the year such as Eid al-Fitr which marks the end of Ramadan or Eid al-Adha which celebrates Abraham’s willingness to sacrifice his son Ishmael for God.

Overall, Saudi Arabia offers visitors an insight into a unique culture steeped in religious tradition; plus its stunning landscapes make for an unforgettable experience – truly earning it the nickname “The Land of Two Holy Mosques” as defined on aceinland.

Saudi Arabia Bordering Countries

Population of Saudi Arabia

In 1995, the population of Saudi Arabia was estimated to be around 17 million people. The majority of the population was made up of ethnic Arabs, who accounted for about 95% of the total population. The remaining 5% of the population consisted primarily of expatriates from other Middle Eastern and South Asian countries.

According to, the majority of Saudis were Sunni Muslims, with a small minority being Shia Muslims. In addition to this, there were also some smaller religious communities such as Christians and Jews living in the country.

The majority of Saudis lived in urban areas, with approximately 70% living in cities such as Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam. The remaining 30% lived in rural areas or small towns throughout the country.

At that time, Saudi Arabia had an average life expectancy rate of 63 years old for males and 66 years old for females. The infant mortality rate was also relatively low at 28 deaths per 1,000 live births.

In terms of education, most Saudis had access to primary education which was free and compulsory for children aged 6-12 years old. Secondary education was also available but not compulsory for students aged 13-18 years old. Higher education opportunities were available at universities located across the country but were mainly limited to those from wealthier families who could afford tuition fees or scholarships from foreign universities abroad.

Overall, Saudi Arabia’s population in 1995 was estimated to be around 17 million people with a majority being ethnic Arabs and Sunni Muslims making up the largest religious community in the country at that time. Education opportunities were available but mainly limited to those from wealthier families while life expectancy rates were relatively high compared to other countries in the region at that time.

Economy of Saudi Arabia

In 1995, the economy of Saudi Arabia was heavily reliant on oil exports. Oil accounted for around 70% of the country’s GDP and 95% of its export earnings. The government heavily subsidized consumer goods and services, including fuel, electricity, water and food.

The Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR) was pegged to the US Dollar at a rate of 3.75 SAR per USD. This currency arrangement allowed for a relatively stable exchange rate which helped attract foreign investment into the country.

In 1995, unemployment in Saudi Arabia stood at around 10%. This was due to a lack of diversification in the economy as well as limited job opportunities outside of the public sector due to restrictions on foreign investment and labor laws which limited hiring from outside the country.

The government had implemented various policies to try and reduce unemployment such as increasing public sector employment, providing financial incentives for private sector employers who hired Saudis, and setting up vocational training programs for young people looking to enter the workforce.

In terms of GDP growth rates, Saudi Arabia experienced an average growth rate of 4-5% between 1995-1998 due largely to increased oil production and exports during this period.

Overall, in 1995 Saudi Arabia’s economy was heavily reliant on oil exports with petroleum accounting for around 70% of GDP and 95% of export earnings. The government provided various subsidies on consumer goods while also implementing policies to try and reduce unemployment levels which stood at around 10%. GDP growth rates were relatively strong during this period averaging 4-5%.

Foreign Policy of Saudi Arabia

In 1995, Saudi Arabia’s foreign policy was largely centered around maintaining regional stability and strong relations with its allies. The country had close ties with the United States and was a major partner in the Gulf War coalition. It also had close relations with many of its regional neighbors including Egypt, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.

The country was a key member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and worked to ensure stability in oil prices by setting production and export quotas. It also sought to maintain stability in the Middle East by mediating conflicts between regional powers such as Iran and Iraq as well as between Israel and its neighbors.

Saudi Arabia played an important role in helping to resolve the conflict between Israel and Palestine through its support for the Arab Peace Initiative which called for an end to violence and a two-state solution. The country also provided financial aid to various countries in need throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.

The country had an active role in international organizations such as the UN, World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). It also participated in various international conferences related to economic development, environmental protection, human rights and women’s rights.

Overall, in 1995 Saudi Arabia’s foreign policy was focused on maintaining regional stability through strong relations with allies while also engaging actively in international organizations such as the UN. The country sought to mediate conflicts between regional powers while providing financial aid to countries in need throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and Middle East.

Events Held in Saudi Arabia

In 1995, Saudi Arabia hosted a variety of events that showcased the country’s culture and history. The first event was the annual Hajj pilgrimage which drew millions of Muslims from around the world to Mecca and Medina. This event is an important part of Islamic tradition and is one of the five pillars of Islam.

The second event was the Riyadh International Book Fair which was held in April 1995. This event presented books from all over the world, including Saudi authors and publishers, as well as international publishers. It also featured seminars, lectures and workshops on various topics related to literature, publishing and culture.

The country also hosted the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Summit in November 1995 which brought together leaders from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The summit focused on economic integration in the region as well as addressing regional security issues such as terrorism and border disputes between member countries.

Saudi Arabia also held a variety of cultural events throughout 1995 such as art exhibitions featuring works by local artists and performances by traditional musicians. The country also hosted conferences on a variety of topics related to science, technology and innovation. In addition to these events, Saudi Arabia held its first-ever National Day celebration in November 1995 which included parades, fireworks displays and other festivities throughout Riyadh.

Overall, Saudi Arabia held a variety of events in 1995 that showcased its culture and history while promoting regional cooperation through international conferences on economic integration and security issues among other topics. In addition to this it also hosted cultural events such as art exhibitions featuring works by local artists plus performances by traditional musicians for everyone to enjoy.

You may also like...