Declo, Idaho Population, Schools and Places of Interest

According to Countryvv, Declo, Idaho is located in the southeastern corner of the state and is surrounded by several cities and towns that offer a variety of attractions and amenities.

To the north lies Burley, Idaho. This small city is home to a number of museums, including the Burley Museum of Local History and the Mini-Cassia Historical Museum. The city also boasts a variety of restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues such as bowling alleys, movie theaters, and arcades.

To the east lies Oakley, Idaho. This small town offers visitors plenty to do from visiting its local museum to taking in its annual rodeos or sample some of its locally produced wines at one of its wineries. Additionally, Oakley is home to several outdoor recreation areas such as hiking trails, fishing spots, and campgrounds for those looking to spend some time outdoors.

To the south lies Albion, Idaho. This small town is known for its historic downtown district which features several unique shops and restaurants offering local fare such as fresh seafood dishes or creamy ice cream cones. Albion also has a few parks that are great for picnics or playing sports like basketball or tennis.

Finally, to the west lies Heyburn State Park which features over 6500 acres of lush forests and wetlands as well as several lakes perfect for fishing or swimming in during warmer months. The park also has plenty of trails that are great for hiking or biking along with picnic areas for visitors to enjoy lunch outdoors.

Overall, Declo offers easy access to a variety of attractions both within its borders as well as in the surrounding towns making it an ideal place to live or visit!

Declo, Idaho

Population of Declo, Idaho

Declo, Idaho is a small city located in the southeastern corner of the state. As of 2019, the population was estimated at around 638 people. Despite its small size, Declo is home to a diverse mix of people from all walks of life.

The majority of Declo’s population is made up of working-age adults between the ages of 25 and 44, accounting for about 42% of the total population. There is also a significant portion of children aged 0-17 making up about 27% and seniors aged 65 and over making up about 13%.

The racial makeup of Declo is mostly Caucasian with 80% identifying as white alone while the remaining 20% consists primarily of Native American and Hispanic or Latino individuals. Additionally, there are a few other minority groups represented in smaller numbers such as Asian, African American, and Pacific Islander individuals.

In terms of religious affiliation, most residents identify as Christian with nearly 70% claiming to be members of some form or another. The remaining 30% consists primarily of those who claim no religious affiliation or those who practice some other faith such as Islam or Judaism.

Overall, Declo’s population is fairly diverse in terms both race and age as well as religious beliefs making it an interesting place to live or visit!

Schools and Education in Declo, Idaho

According to TOPPHARMACYSCHOOLS.ORG, Declo is served by the Cassia County School District which includes two schools, Declo Elementary School and Declo Jr/Sr High School. The district also operates an alternative school for students who require a more specialized learning environment.

Declo Elementary serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade and provides a comprehensive education using a variety of teaching styles to meet the needs of all learners. The school also supports a wide range of extracurricular activities including sports teams, clubs, and academic programs.

Declo Jr/Sr High is home to students in grades six through twelve and offers an extensive curriculum that includes core classes as well as electives such as music, art, foreign language, and technology classes. The school also has several sports teams including football, basketball, volleyball, track & field and tennis as well as several clubs and organizations for students to participate in.

In addition to the public schools in Declo there are also several private schools available for those who prefer an alternative education option. These include religious-based schools such as Calvary Christian Academy or secular schools such as Idaho Connections Academy which offers online learning for grades K-12.

Overall, Declo offers a variety of educational options to its residents from both public and private institutions making it an ideal place to live or visit!

Places of Interest in Declo, Idaho

Declo, Idaho is a small rural community located in the beautiful Snake River Valley. It is a great place to visit or live and offers a variety of places of interest for visitors to explore.

The first stop for any visitor should be the Declo Museum which is located in the old high school building. The museum features a variety of artifacts from the local area including historical photographs, antiques, and Native American artifacts.

The nearby Kestrel Park is also worth a visit as it offers a range of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and fishing. The park also features several picnic areas as well as playgrounds for children to enjoy.

If you’re looking for something more adventurous then head over to the Snake River Canyon where you can go rafting, kayaking, or rock climbing. The canyon also has some excellent camping spots which are perfect for those who want to spend an evening outdoors under the stars!

Another popular destination in Declo is the Silver Spur Ranch which offers guided horseback riding tours throughout the surrounding countryside. You can also take part in team penning competitions or simply relax and take in the stunning views of the mountains and lush meadows from one of their many trails.

Finally, no trip to Declo would be complete without visiting one of its many wineries or breweries where you can sample some local specialties while enjoying spectacular views over the surrounding countryside!

Overall, Declo has something for everyone with its mix of outdoor activities, museums, wineries and more making it an ideal place to visit or live!

You may also like...