Armington, Illinois Population, Schools and Places of Interest

According to Allcitycodes, Armington, Illinois is located in the heart of central Illinois, surrounded by a variety of cities and towns. To the north lies Bloomington-Normal, a vibrant college town home to Illinois State University and Heartland Community College. Here visitors can enjoy a variety of cultural attractions such as the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts and Miller Park Zoo. To the east lies Decatur, a city known for its rich history and cultural attractions such as Rock Springs Conservation Area and Scovill Zoo. To the south lies Springfield, Illinois’ state capital with its many museums and historic sites like Lincoln Home National Historic Site and Old State Capitol Building. Finally, to the west lies Peoria, home to popular attractions such as Peoria Riverfront Museum and Wildlife Prairie Park. All of these nearby cities offer visitors plenty of opportunities to explore local culture, nature or shop until they drop!

Armington, Illinois

Population of Armington, Illinois

Armington, Illinois is a small rural town located in the heart of central Illinois. As of the 2020 census, the population of Armington was 1,934 people. The majority of Armington’s population is white, accounting for 96.7% of the total population. The remaining 3.3% is made up of people from a variety of different racial backgrounds such as African American, Asian and Hispanic or Latino. The median age in Armington is 44 years old with nearly half (48%) of its population between 25-64 years old and the remaining 52% under the age of 25 or older than 65 years old. The median household income in Armington is $54,375 with 15% living below poverty level.

The town has seen steady growth over recent years as more people are drawn to its small-town charm and quality education system provided by local schools such as Armington Elementary School and Armington High School. Additionally, many residents take advantage of nearby cities such as Bloomington-Normal, Decatur and Springfield which provide plenty of opportunities for employment, shopping and entertainment.

Schools and Education in Armington, Illinois

According to TOPPHARMACYSCHOOLS, Armington, Illinois is served by two school systems: Armington Community Consolidated School District (CUSD) and the Heartland Community College. The Armington CUSD is a public school district that serves the educational needs of students in grades K-12. The district operates two schools: Armington Elementary School and Armington High School. Both schools provide a rigorous curriculum for their students, emphasizing the importance of academics as well as extracurricular activities such as athletics, music and art.

At the high school level, students are given a variety of courses to choose from including English, math, science and social studies as well as electives such as foreign language, business classes and more. Additionally, the high school offers Advanced Placement (AP) courses in several subjects to help prepare students for college-level coursework. The district also provides students with access to technology through its 1:1 laptop program which provides each student with their own laptop for learning purposes.

In addition to its public education system, Armington is home to Heartland Community College which provides higher education opportunities to local residents. The college offers associate’s degrees in a variety of fields such as business administration, healthcare administration and more. In addition to its academic programs, Heartland Community College also offers a number of extracurricular activities such as clubs and intramural sports teams for students looking for additional ways to engage with their peers outside of the classroom setting.

Overall, Armington provides its residents with quality education options at both the elementary/secondary and post-secondary levels that can help them succeed in their future endeavors whether it be obtaining an associate’s degree or entering into the workforce upon graduation from high school.

Places of Interest in Armington, Illinois

Armington, Illinois is a vibrant small town with plenty of attractions for visitors and locals alike. The downtown area features a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes that offer an array of dining options. There’s also the historic Armington Theater which hosts live music and theatrical performances throughout the year. Additionally, the town has several parks including Centennial Park which features walking paths, tennis courts, playgrounds and more.

For those looking to explore outdoors, Armington is surrounded by nature with several trails for hiking and biking. The city is also home to a number of lakes including Lake Bloomington which offers swimming and boating opportunities during the summer months. Fishing enthusiasts can also take advantage of the city’s numerous fishing spots along the Mackinaw River or in one of its many ponds.

For those looking to learn more about Armington’s history, there are several museums located throughout town such as the Armington History Museum and the Heartland Heritage Museum both of which offer visitors an insight into local history and culture. In addition to these museums, there are also a number of art galleries in town that feature works from local artists as well as traveling exhibits from around the world.

Overall, Armington has something for everyone whether it’s exploring nature on its many trails or taking in some local culture at one of its museums or art galleries. With its rich history, diverse attractions and friendly people it’s no wonder why so many people choose to call this small Midwestern town home.

You may also like...