Arlington, Iowa Population, Schools and Places of Interest

According to, Arlington, Iowa is located in the center of the state and is bordered by several other cities and towns. To the north lies the city of Waterloo, which is known for its vibrant cultural scene and numerous parks. Just to the east lies Cedar Falls, home to the University of Northern Iowa. Further east is Hudson, Iowa with its small-town charm and diverse attractions such as a golf course, disc golf course, and a ski resort. To the south are Waverly and Janesville, two towns that offer visitors an array of outdoor activities such as hiking trails, fishing spots, and even horseback riding opportunities. Finally, to the west is Sumner with its historic downtown area full of shops and restaurants. In addition to these cities and towns that border Arlington there are also many other small communities nearby such as Hazleton, Shell Rock, Clarksville and Nashua all offering visitors a mix of rural beauty and small town charm.

Arlington, Iowa

Population of Arlington, Iowa

Arlington, Iowa is a small town with a population of approximately 3,000 people. The town is predominantly white, with about 87% of the population identifying as Caucasian. The remaining 13% of the population is made up of African American, Asian, and Hispanic residents. The median age in Arlington is 37 years old and the median household income is around $53,000 per year.

The town has a strong sense of community and many residents are actively involved in local organizations such as churches and civic clubs. Additionally, there are several local businesses that provide jobs for the citizens of Arlington including a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurant, barber shop, gas station and more.

There are also numerous recreational activities available in Arlington such as golf courses and parks with playgrounds, picnic areas and trails for biking or walking. Additionally, there are several events throughout the year such as the annual Fourth of July parade or the Harvest Festival that draw large crowds from surrounding towns.

Overall, Arlington is a tight-knit community filled with friendly faces who are proud to call it home. With its small-town charm and easy access to larger cities like Waterloo or Cedar Falls it makes for an ideal place to live or visit for those looking for a slower pace of life in beautiful rural Iowa.

Schools and Education in Arlington, Iowa

According to ACT-TEST-CENTERS, Arlington is served by the East Buchanan Community School District and is home to two schools: East Buchanan Elementary School and East Buchanan High School. The elementary school offers classes for pre-K through fifth grade, while the high school serves grades six through twelve.

The district has been recognized as a “High Performing District” by the Iowa Department of Education and has a strong commitment to providing quality educational experiences for all of its students. The district is also committed to creating a safe learning environment and offers a variety of extra-curricular activities such as sports teams, clubs, music programs, and more.

The district also provides a variety of support services such as special education, alternative learning programs, counseling services and more that are designed to help every student reach their full potential. Additionally, there are several resources available for families including after-school programs, summer school classes and parent education workshops.

Overall, Arlington provides an excellent educational experience for its students with high academic standards, strong faculty support and dedicated administrators who are committed to helping each child succeed both in the classroom and beyond.

Places of Interest in Arlington, Iowa

Arlington is home to a variety of interesting and unique places of interest. For those who enjoy the outdoors, there are several parks and trails in the area that offer spectacular views of the countryside.

The Arlington State Recreation Area is a popular destination for hiking, camping, and fishing. The park also has two lakes for swimming and boating, as well as picnic areas and playgrounds for children.

For those looking to explore the history of Arlington, there are several museums in town such as the Carnegie Historical Museum or the East Buchanan County Museum. These museums feature exhibits on local history and culture, including artifacts from the early settlers who first settled in the area.

The town also hosts several annual events such as the Fourth of July parade or Harvest Festival that bring together members of the community for entertainment and fun. Additionally, there are several local businesses such as restaurants, shops, wineries, breweries and other attractions that make Arlington a great place to visit or live.

You may also like...