5 Must for Tourists in Kyoto
When you go to a foreign country, there is always something that pulls. Yes, this refers to the reason why you are going. Here, this can be for lots of reasons. Some go just to party and have fun, while others meet new people. Then there are those who want to meet new cultures and see all the beauty that exists in the country they visit. Quite simply, it should be said that most visitors to a new country check out one of all the tourist destinations to choose from. What then is there if your holiday goes to Japan and you suddenly find yourself a tourist in Kyoto?
- Kinkaku-ji: The iconic building known as the Golden Temple
- Kiyomizu-dera: A historic temple with a large botanical garden
- Arashiyama: A place to watch many monkeys in a setting of a large bamboo forest
Kinkaku-ji – The Golden Temple
According to timedictionary, this temple has a history dating back to 1397. In any case, this place was opened to tourism and the public in 1955 when a major renovation of this beautiful temple had been carried out. What you can see today is a building that has been recreated in its original condition by the old temple that was once on this site. You must not miss this as it is one of the most popular places to visit in all of Japan.
Kiyomizu-dera – The Iconic Temple
When you visit this place, peace reigns. A very sacred place for the Buddhist monks of Japan. However, this is not only a place of peace, but one of the most beautiful places you can find in Kyoto. At the same time as the beautiful temple, you will also find a very well-kept and multifaceted park. This is one of the best things you can do when visiting Kyoto, Japan.
Arashiyama – Planet of the Apes in Kyoto
You who like to see animals and especially monkeys, will love a visit to Arshiyama. This large bamboo forest will contain any number of these animals. As a plus, these monkeys are very tame and accustomed to humans, making it not at all impossible for them to get close to you.
Other things to do in Kyoto
Of course, when you visit Kyoto, there will also be more to do. Here we must then select 2 more things to invent during your vacation in Kyoto. This will then be:
- Singing karaoke: Something that the Japanese are insanely fond of is singing karaoke. This is about as common in Japan and Kyoto as it is to like football in England. Yes, then you understand the breadth of it all, and that it is not at all something you can miss. If you are not a coward then you who get up and sing will surely get applause from the Japanese.
- Shopping in Japan: Something that is also a pure must when you visit Japan, is to be the one who buys one of the many traditional ornaments available. Here it may then be perfect to buy some handicraft, which means that you will forever have Japan etched in your memory.