There are countries that are located on two continents and therefore they are called “Transcontinent Nations”. This is the case, for example, of Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe), Egypt (Africa and Asia). There is also a city called bi continental – Istanbul, Turkey. It is the only city in the world divided between two continents (Asia and Europe). There are no flags representing each of the continents. There is indeed an emblem in which five continents are represented. These are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
|1st||Asia||45 million km|
|2nd||America||42 million km (North America – 23 million km; Central America – 523 thousand km; South America – 18 million km)|
|3rd||Africa||30 million km|
|4th||Antarctica||14 million km (this number increases about twice in winter, given the freezing waters)|
|5th||Europe||10 million km|
|6th||Oceania||8 million km|
Most Populated Continents
|1st||Asia||4 billion residents|
|2nd||Africa||1.2 billion residents|
|3rd||America||1 billion residents|
|4th||Europe||800 million residents|
|5th||Oceania||32 million residents|
Note: In Antarctica there is no permanent human population.
Most Populated Countries and Their Capitals
Asia has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
America has a total of 36 countries. Let’s look at the division by subcontinents:
The North America has four countries:
The Central America has 20 countries, of which the five most populous are:
|El Salvador||San Salvador||6,340,000|
The South America has 12 countries, of which the five most populous are:
Africa has a total of 54 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa||67.510.000|
|South Africa||Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judiciary), Cape Town (Legislative)||52,980,000|
Kenya – East Africa
Kenya is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Nairobi. About 48 million Kenyans and Kenyans of other nationalities live in Kenya. The official languages are Swahili and English. Kenya covers an area of around 592,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Kenya is Mount Kenya at 5,199 meters. Neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
Congo-Kinshasa – Central Africa
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Kinshasa. There are around 79 million Congolese and Congolese people of other nationalities living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The official language is French. The Democratic Republic of the Congo covers an area of around 2 million km² and is thus around seven times the size of Poland. The highest mountain in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Margherita Peak at 5,109 meters.
Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, the Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic.
Liberia – West Africa
Liberia is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Monrovia. About 4.6 million Liberians and Liberians of other nationalities live in Liberia. The official language is English. Liberia covers an area of around 98,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Madagascar – East Africa
Madagascar, the red island, is an island city in the Indian Ocean. The capital is Antananarivo. Around 25 million Malagasy people, Malagasy people and residents of other nationalities, live in Madagascar. The official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar covers an area of around 587,000 km² and is thus slightly larger than France. The highest mountain in Madagascar is the Maromokotro at 2,876 meters.
Malawi – East Africa
Malawi is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Lilongwe. Around 18 million Malawians, Malawians and residents of other nationalities, live in Malawi. The official languages are Chichewa and English. Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 km². Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia.
Europe has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
Slovakia – Southeast Europe
Slovakia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bratislava. About 5.4 million Slovaks and Slovaks of other nationalities live in Slovakia. The official language is Slovak. Slovakia covers an area of around 49,000 km². Neighboring countries are the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of Austria.
Ukraine – Eastern Europe
Ukraine, the bread basket of Europe, is a state in Europe. The capital is Kiev. About 45 million Ukrainians and Ukrainians of other nationalities live in Ukraine. The official language is Ukrainian. The Ukraine covers an area of around 604,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Ukraine is the Hoverla at 2,061 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, Slovakia and Moldova.
Oceania has a total of 14 countries and over 10,000 islands. The 5 most populous countries are:
|Papua New Guinea||Port moresby||7,321,000|
Australian History by Nation
There are no countries in Antarctica. This continent is a World Heritage Site and the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty are entitled to carry out investigations. There are 12 initial countries, number that has been extended and comprises the following nations:
|Bulgaria||United States||New Zealand||Sweden|
Oceans Bathing the Continents
Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
|Asia||Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier|
|America||Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier|
|Africa||Atlantic and Indian|
|Antarctica||Pacific, Atlantic and Indian|
|Oceania||Pacific and Indian|
Check Countryaah for lists of countries on each continent.
Industry by nation
- Diving in Greece (8/17/2022) - According to ehealthfacts, Greece is home to the oldest shipwrecks on earth. But you should always remember that for the lifting and export of ancient valuables, a punishment of up to two years in prison is provided. Athens - The… ...
- Transport in Italy (8/10/2022) - The work of urban transport in Italy (buses, trams and trolleybuses) is well established. Tickets of a single sample are sold in newspaper and tobacco kiosks, sometimes in bars. Vehicle routes are presented on tables at stops, as well as… ...
- Tuvalu Basic Information (8/3/2022) - Official name of the state, composition of the government According to constructmaterials, the head of state is Queen Elizabeth II. In Tuvalu, it is represented by the Governor-General (Sir lakoba Italeli since April 2010), appointed on the recommendation of the… ...
- Places to Visit in Russia (7/27/2022) - Yelnya, Smolensk region (Russia) The city of Yelnya is located 82 km southeast of Smolensk in the upper reaches of the Desna River. The first mention of Yelnya dates back to the 12th-13th centuries. The Elninsk operation of 1941 brought… ...
- What to See in Austria (7/20/2022) - Flachau (Austria) The Flachau ski resort is located 50 km southeast of Salzburg and is part of the so-called "Salzburg Sports Ring", which in turn is part of the largest ski region in Europe - Ski Amadé. Flachau is located… ...
- What to See in Eisenstadt and Bad Gastein (Austria) (7/13/2022) - Eisenstadt (Austria) According to commit4fitness, Eisenstadt is the capital of the province of Burgenland. This small town is located in the east of Austria. In translation, its name means "iron city". For the first time in history, it is mentioned… ...
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Canary Islands, Spain) (7/6/2022) - According to cheeroutdoor, Santa Cruz de Tenerife is the capital of the island of Tenerife in the Canary Islands. It is located on the coast in the northeastern part of the island and is surrounded by the ridges of the… ...
- Yelabuga, Republic of Tatarstan (Russia) (6/29/2022) - According to businesscarriers, Elabuga is located on the right bank of the Kama River at the confluence of the Toima River, 20 km from Naberezhnye Chelny. In the 10-11 centuries, on the site of the modern city, the Volga Bulgars… ...
- Lumbini (Nepal) (6/22/2022) - In the south of Nepal, 20 km from Bhairava , there is a place Lumbini , known mainly for the fact that it was there, according to scientists, that Siddhartha Gautama was born in the 6th century BC, who later… ...
- Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago (6/16/2022) - Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago (Chicago, USA) - expositions, opening hours, address, phone numbers, official website. "10 places in America that every tourist should see", "The five most visited attractions in Chicago", "The seven most interesting technical museums"… ...