There are countries that are located on two continents and therefore they are called “Transcontinent Nations”. This is the case, for example, of Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe), Egypt (Africa and Asia). There is also a city called bi continental – Istanbul, Turkey. It is the only city in the world divided between two continents (Asia and Europe). There are no flags representing each of the continents. There is indeed an emblem in which five continents are represented. These are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
|1st||Asia||45 million km|
|2nd||America||42 million km (North America – 23 million km; Central America – 523 thousand km; Caribbean; South America – 18 million km)|
|3rd||Africa||30 million km|
|4th||Antarctica||14 million km (this number increases about twice in winter, given the freezing waters)|
|5th||Europe||10 million km|
|6th||Oceania||8 million km|
Most Populated Continents
|1st||Asia||4 billion residents|
|2nd||Africa||1.2 billion residents|
|3rd||America||1 billion residents|
|4th||Europe||800 million residents|
|5th||Oceania||32 million residents|
Note: In Antarctica there is no permanent human population.
Most Populated Countries and Their Capitals
Asia has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
America has a total of 36 countries. Let’s look at the division by subcontinents:
The North America has four countries:
The Central America has 20 countries, of which the five most populous are:
|El Salvador||San Salvador||6,340,000|
The South America has 12 countries, of which the five most populous are:
Africa has a total of 54 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa||67.510.000|
|South Africa||Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judiciary), Cape Town (Legislative)||52,980,000|
Kenya – East Africa
Kenya is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Nairobi. About 48 million Kenyans and Kenyans of other nationalities live in Kenya. The official languages are Swahili and English. Kenya covers an area of around 592,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Kenya is Mount Kenya at 5,199 meters. Neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
Congo-Kinshasa – Central Africa
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Kinshasa. There are around 79 million Congolese and Congolese people of other nationalities living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The official language is French. The Democratic Republic of the Congo covers an area of around 2 million km² and is thus around seven times the size of Poland. The highest mountain in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Margherita Peak at 5,109 meters.
Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, the Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic.
Liberia – West Africa
Liberia is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Monrovia. About 4.6 million Liberians and Liberians of other nationalities live in Liberia. The official language is English. Liberia covers an area of around 98,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Madagascar – East Africa
Madagascar, the red island, is an island city in the Indian Ocean. The capital is Antananarivo. Around 25 million Malagasy people, Malagasy people and residents of other nationalities, live in Madagascar. The official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar covers an area of around 587,000 km² and is thus slightly larger than France. The highest mountain in Madagascar is the Maromokotro at 2,876 meters.
Malawi – East Africa
Malawi is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Lilongwe. Around 18 million Malawians, Malawians and residents of other nationalities, live in Malawi. The official languages are Chichewa and English. Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 km². Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia.
Europe has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
Slovakia – Southeast Europe
Slovakia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bratislava. About 5.4 million Slovaks and Slovaks of other nationalities live in Slovakia. The official language is Slovak. Slovakia covers an area of around 49,000 km². Neighboring countries are the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of Austria.
Ukraine – Eastern Europe
Ukraine, the bread basket of Europe, is a state in Europe. The capital is Kiev. About 45 million Ukrainians and Ukrainians of other nationalities live in Ukraine. The official language is Ukrainian. The Ukraine covers an area of around 604,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Ukraine is the Hoverla at 2,061 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, Slovakia and Moldova.
Oceania has a total of 14 countries and over 10,000 islands. The 5 most populous countries are:
|Papua New Guinea||Port moresby||7,321,000|
Australian History by Nation
There are no countries in Antarctica. This continent is a World Heritage Site and the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty are entitled to carry out investigations. There are 12 initial countries, number that has been extended and comprises the following nations:
|Bulgaria||United States||New Zealand||Sweden|
Oceans Bathing the Continents
Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
|Asia||Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier|
|America||Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier|
|Africa||Atlantic and Indian|
|Antarctica||Pacific, Atlantic and Indian|
|Oceania||Pacific and Indian|
Check Countryaah for lists of countries on each continent.
Industry by nation
Industry is an economic activity that involves the production of goods or services. It is one of the main sources of income for a country, as it generates employment opportunities and wealth for its citizens. Industry can be divided into three main sectors: primary, secondary and tertiary. The primary sector includes activities such as agriculture, fishing and mining, whereas the secondary sector involves manufacturing activities such as automotive production and food processing. The tertiary sector consists of service-oriented activities such as banking, retail, healthcare and education.
Industry is a key component in the development of a nation’s economy as it creates jobs, boosts productivity and provides a source of income for its citizens. Therefore, governments around the world strive to promote industrialization in order to increase their economic growth rate. Industrial development is also essential for countries to keep up with technological advances and remain competitive in the global market. By promoting investment in industry, governments can create jobs while simultaneously improving their citizens’ quality of life by providing better infrastructure and services. Furthermore, industrialization also helps to reduce poverty by providing employment opportunities for people living in rural areas who may otherwise lack access to other sources of income.
U.S. Industries by State
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic consisting of fifty states and a federal district. These fifty states are as follows:
Each state has its own government with its own constitution. The US Constitution is the supreme law of the land and it sets out the basic framework for how each state should be governed. Each state also has its own legislature which is responsible for making laws that are applicable within its borders. The legislative power of each state is further divided into two houses: the Senate and the House of Representatives. Each house has its own set of members who are elected by their respective constituents to represent them in their respective state governments. Each state also has a governor who serves as the head executive of the respective state government and is elected by citizens in that particular state to serve a four-year term. In addition to this, there are also local governments in each state which have their own laws and regulations which must be followed by citizens living within those local jurisdictions.
- Zullinger, Pennsylvania (9/26/2023) - Zullinger, Pennsylvania, is a small unincorporated community located in Franklin County, in the south-central part of the state. Situated within the Cumberland Valley, Zullinger is surrounded by picturesque rolling hills, fertile farmland, and scenic landscapes. The community is nestled in… ...
- Fultondale, Alabama (9/20/2023) - According to businesscarriers, Fultondale, Alabama is a small city located in Jefferson County. Situated in the central part of the state, Fultondale is just north of Birmingham, the largest city in Alabama. The city covers an area of approximately 12.5… ...
- Decatur, Michigan (9/13/2023) - According to aristmarketing, Decatur, Michigan, is a small town located in the southwestern part of the state. Nestled in Van Buren County, Decatur is known for its picturesque landscapes, charming rural setting, and close-knit community. Situated approximately 40 miles west… ...
- Dowagiac, Michigan (9/12/2023) - According to Citypopulationreview, Dowagiac, Michigan, is a small city located in the southwestern part of the state. It is situated in Cass County and is approximately 160 miles west of Detroit. Dowagiac is nestled in the heart of the Great… ...
- Geraldine, Alabama (9/12/2023) - According to Citypopulationreview, Geraldine, Alabama, is a small town located in DeKalb County, in the northeastern part of the state. With a population of approximately 900 people, Geraldine is known for its picturesque landscapes, rolling hills, and friendly community. The… ...
- Fulton, Alabama (9/6/2023) - According to aristmarketing, Fulton, Alabama is a small town located in the southern part of the state. Situated in Clarke County, it is surrounded by lush green forests and rolling hills, making it a picturesque place to live. With a… ...
- Curran, Michigan (8/30/2023) - According to areacodesexplorer, Curran, Michigan, a small unincorporated community located in Alcona County, is nestled in the northeastern part of the state. Situated on the eastern shore of the picturesque Lake Huron, Curran offers a charming blend of natural beauty… ...
- Fort Davis, Alabama (8/23/2023) - According to areacodesexplorer, Fort Davis is a small unincorporated community located in Macon County, Alabama. Situated in the southeastern part of the state, Fort Davis is characterized by its diverse geography and natural beauty. The community is nestled in the… ...
- Crystal Falls, Michigan (8/16/2023) - According to a2zgov, Crystal Falls is a charming city located in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Nestled amidst the picturesque landscape, Crystal Falls boasts a unique geography that is both captivating and diverse. Surrounded by natural beauty, this city offers… ...
- Forkland, Alabama (8/9/2023) - According to a2zgov, Forkland is a small town located in Greene County, Alabama. Situated in the western part of the state, it is nestled in the heart of the Black Belt region. The town covers an area of approximately 3.5… ...