There are countries that are located on two continents and therefore they are called “Transcontinent Nations”. This is the case, for example, of Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe), Egypt (Africa and Asia). There is also a city called bi continental – Istanbul, Turkey. It is the only city in the world divided between two continents (Asia and Europe). There are no flags representing each of the continents. There is indeed an emblem in which five continents are represented. These are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
|1st||Asia||45 million km|
|2nd||America||42 million km (North America – 23 million km; Central America – 523 thousand km; South America – 18 million km)|
|3rd||Africa||30 million km|
|4th||Antarctica||14 million km (this number increases about twice in winter, given the freezing waters)|
|5th||Europe||10 million km|
|6th||Oceania||8 million km|
Most Populated Continents
|1st||Asia||4 billion residents|
|2nd||Africa||1.2 billion residents|
|3rd||America||1 billion residents|
|4th||Europe||800 million residents|
|5th||Oceania||32 million residents|
Note: In Antarctica there is no permanent human population.
Most Populated Countries and Their Capitals
Asia has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
America has a total of 36 countries. Let’s look at the division by subcontinents:
The North America has four countries:
The Central America has 20 countries, of which the five most populous are:
|El Salvador||San Salvador||6,340,000|
The South America has 12 countries, of which the five most populous are:
Africa has a total of 54 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa||67.510.000|
|South Africa||Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judiciary), Cape Town (Legislative)||52,980,000|
Kenya – East Africa
Kenya is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Nairobi. About 48 million Kenyans and Kenyans of other nationalities live in Kenya. The official languages are Swahili and English. Kenya covers an area of around 592,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Kenya is Mount Kenya at 5,199 meters. Neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
Congo-Kinshasa – Central Africa
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Kinshasa. There are around 79 million Congolese and Congolese people of other nationalities living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The official language is French. The Democratic Republic of the Congo covers an area of around 2 million km² and is thus around seven times the size of Poland. The highest mountain in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Margherita Peak at 5,109 meters.
Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, the Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic.
Liberia – West Africa
Liberia is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Monrovia. About 4.6 million Liberians and Liberians of other nationalities live in Liberia. The official language is English. Liberia covers an area of around 98,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Madagascar – East Africa
Madagascar, the red island, is an island city in the Indian Ocean. The capital is Antananarivo. Around 25 million Malagasy people, Malagasy people and residents of other nationalities, live in Madagascar. The official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar covers an area of around 587,000 km² and is thus slightly larger than France. The highest mountain in Madagascar is the Maromokotro at 2,876 meters.
Malawi – East Africa
Malawi is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Lilongwe. Around 18 million Malawians, Malawians and residents of other nationalities, live in Malawi. The official languages are Chichewa and English. Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 km². Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia.
Europe has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
Slovakia – Southeast Europe
Slovakia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bratislava. About 5.4 million Slovaks and Slovaks of other nationalities live in Slovakia. The official language is Slovak. Slovakia covers an area of around 49,000 km². Neighboring countries are the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of Austria.
Ukraine – Eastern Europe
Ukraine, the bread basket of Europe, is a state in Europe. The capital is Kiev. About 45 million Ukrainians and Ukrainians of other nationalities live in Ukraine. The official language is Ukrainian. The Ukraine covers an area of around 604,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Ukraine is the Hoverla at 2,061 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, Slovakia and Moldova.
Oceania has a total of 14 countries and over 10,000 islands. The 5 most populous countries are:
|Papua New Guinea||Port moresby||7,321,000|
Australian History by Nation
There are no countries in Antarctica. This continent is a World Heritage Site and the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty are entitled to carry out investigations. There are 12 initial countries, number that has been extended and comprises the following nations:
|Bulgaria||United States||New Zealand||Sweden|
Oceans Bathing the Continents
Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
|Asia||Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier|
|America||Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier|
|Africa||Atlantic and Indian|
|Antarctica||Pacific, Atlantic and Indian|
|Oceania||Pacific and Indian|
Check Countryaah for lists of countries on each continent.
Industry by nation
- Germany Literature: the Baroque Period (11/24/2021) - CULTURE: LITERATURE. HUMANISM AND THE REFORMATION Humanism, anticipated by the stationery contacts of Charles I of Bohemia with Italy at the end of the fourteenth century, and witnessed its beginnings from ' Ackermann aus Böhmen of John of Tepl, it… ...
- Germany Literature: the Ottonian Period (11/17/2021) - CULTURE: LITERATURE. THE OTTONIAN PERIOD The translations of the Latin classics made around 1000 by Notker Labeo, the first contacts of the Alemannic abbeys with Aristotelian philosophy (through the Cluny reform), the influx of the French epic in the Rhineland… ...
- Germany Culture and Literature (11/10/2021) - CULTURE: GENERAL INFORMATION Protagonist of more than a millennium of European and world history, Germany boasts an artistic and cultural heritage worthy of its own historical event. The birth of German culture can be placed at the time of the… ...
- Nicaragua Arrivals (11/8/2021) - Airplane: the national airline in Nicaragua is NICA (Nicaraguense de Aviacion). The airline is associated with that of the TACA group (El Salvador). According to internetsailors, there are major international airlines that have flights to Nicaragua Iberia - Daily flights… ...
- Chile History (11/7/2021) - According to Neovideogames, Chile has a common prehistory and early history with other South American countries (South America). Colonial times The conquest of Chile by the Spanish started after the destruction of the Inca Empire (Inca) and the occupation of… ...
- Hebrew Literature (11/6/2021) - Hebrew literature, term for the Hebrew that was used in biblical times as a Jewish colloquial and literary language and in late Biblical and post-biblical antiquity alongside Aramaic v. a. served as literary language. The literature from these periods was… ...
- United States History: the Cold War and the Kennedy Presidency (11/5/2021) - It is certain, however, that relations between Moscow and Washington were already deteriorating, for a variety of reasons, and worsened more and more rapidly and severely, to the point of plunging, between 1946 and 1947, into the "cold war". This… ...
- Belgium Arts: from the Carolingian Age to Mannerism (11/4/2021) - There are numerous traces of Carolingian architecture in the Meuse valley: churches with a basilica (Nivelles), octagonal, square plan were built. The Carolingian type with two transepts and two choirs (Westwerk) continued into the 10th century. X and XI: the… ...
- Spain Civil War (11/3/2021) - HISTORY: THE PREMISES OF THE CIVIL WAR Peacefully born, among the hopes of the majority of the nation, the Second Republic ended, as is well known, in the tragedy of the civil war of 1936-39, a prologue to the Second… ...
- Czech Republic Economy and Culture (11/2/2021) - ECONOMY: SERVICES The country's rail and road networks are well developed as they are located at the center of the international lines connecting with Hungary, Vienna, Berlin and Moscow. Air transport focuses on Prague-Ruzyně, Brno and České Budějovice airports. The… ...