There are countries that are located on two continents and therefore they are called “Transcontinent Nations”. This is the case, for example, of Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe), Egypt (Africa and Asia). There is also a city called bi continental – Istanbul, Turkey. It is the only city in the world divided between two continents (Asia and Europe). There are no flags representing each of the continents. There is indeed an emblem in which five continents are represented. These are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
|1st||Asia||45 million km|
|2nd||America||42 million km (North America – 23 million km; Central America – 523 thousand km; Caribbean; South America – 18 million km)|
|3rd||Africa||30 million km|
|4th||Antarctica||14 million km (this number increases about twice in winter, given the freezing waters)|
|5th||Europe||10 million km|
|6th||Oceania||8 million km|
Most Populated Continents
|1st||Asia||4 billion residents|
|2nd||Africa||1.2 billion residents|
|3rd||America||1 billion residents|
|4th||Europe||800 million residents|
|5th||Oceania||32 million residents|
Note: In Antarctica there is no permanent human population.
Most Populated Countries and Their Capitals
Asia has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
America has a total of 36 countries. Let’s look at the division by subcontinents:
The North America has four countries:
The Central America has 20 countries, of which the five most populous are:
|El Salvador||San Salvador||6,340,000|
The South America has 12 countries, of which the five most populous are:
Africa has a total of 54 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa||67.510.000|
|South Africa||Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judiciary), Cape Town (Legislative)||52,980,000|
Kenya – East Africa
Kenya is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Nairobi. About 48 million Kenyans and Kenyans of other nationalities live in Kenya. The official languages are Swahili and English. Kenya covers an area of around 592,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Kenya is Mount Kenya at 5,199 meters. Neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
Congo-Kinshasa – Central Africa
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Kinshasa. There are around 79 million Congolese and Congolese people of other nationalities living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The official language is French. The Democratic Republic of the Congo covers an area of around 2 million km² and is thus around seven times the size of Poland. The highest mountain in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Margherita Peak at 5,109 meters.
Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, the Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic.
Liberia – West Africa
Liberia is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Monrovia. About 4.6 million Liberians and Liberians of other nationalities live in Liberia. The official language is English. Liberia covers an area of around 98,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Madagascar – East Africa
Madagascar, the red island, is an island city in the Indian Ocean. The capital is Antananarivo. Around 25 million Malagasy people, Malagasy people and residents of other nationalities, live in Madagascar. The official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar covers an area of around 587,000 km² and is thus slightly larger than France. The highest mountain in Madagascar is the Maromokotro at 2,876 meters.
Malawi – East Africa
Malawi is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Lilongwe. Around 18 million Malawians, Malawians and residents of other nationalities, live in Malawi. The official languages are Chichewa and English. Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 km². Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia.
Europe has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
Slovakia – Southeast Europe
Slovakia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bratislava. About 5.4 million Slovaks and Slovaks of other nationalities live in Slovakia. The official language is Slovak. Slovakia covers an area of around 49,000 km². Neighboring countries are the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of Austria.
Ukraine – Eastern Europe
Ukraine, the bread basket of Europe, is a state in Europe. The capital is Kiev. About 45 million Ukrainians and Ukrainians of other nationalities live in Ukraine. The official language is Ukrainian. The Ukraine covers an area of around 604,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Ukraine is the Hoverla at 2,061 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, Slovakia and Moldova.
Oceania has a total of 14 countries and over 10,000 islands. The 5 most populous countries are:
|Papua New Guinea||Port moresby||7,321,000|
Australian History by Nation
There are no countries in Antarctica. This continent is a World Heritage Site and the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty are entitled to carry out investigations. There are 12 initial countries, number that has been extended and comprises the following nations:
|Bulgaria||United States||New Zealand||Sweden|
Oceans Bathing the Continents
Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
|Asia||Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier|
|America||Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier|
|Africa||Atlantic and Indian|
|Antarctica||Pacific, Atlantic and Indian|
|Oceania||Pacific and Indian|
Check Countryaah for lists of countries on each continent.
Industry by nation
- Graz, Austria (12/28/2022) - According to Clothesbliss, Graz, located in southeastern Austria on the territory of Styria, is the second largest city in the country. This city is an organic combination of developed industry and natural beauties (green parks, a river flowing through the… ...
- Plitvice Lakes, Croatia (12/21/2022) - The charm of Plitvice Lakes sinks into the soul and stays there forever. Absolutely clear water murmurs in countless waterfalls, the leaves of tall beech trees rustle, wooden platforms creak underfoot, the air is filled with birdsong, the smell of… ...
- Petrovac, Montenegro (12/15/2022) - Petrovac, located 17 km from Budva, is surrounded by olive groves and dense pine forests, so the microclimate there is very mild. Families with children rest here, including many local Serbs and Montenegrins. And it does not matter that the… ...
- Pamporovo, Bulgaria (12/14/2022) - Bulgarian Pamporovo has many, many sunny days and very mild winters, and the ski season is not too long: from December to mid-April. Hot springs gushing out of the ground in abundance gave rise to the opening of several balneological… ...
- Attractions in Austin, Texas (12/10/2022) - According to travelationary, Austin is known as the Live Music Capital of the World®, but that's just the beginning. The city has a variety of unique attractions, world-class museums and scenic outdoor spaces. The capital of Texas has thus created… ...
- Death Valley National Park, California (12/9/2022) - According to travelationary, Death Valley's formation began about 3 million years ago when forces from within Earth broke the surface into blocks, creating an alternating pattern of mountains and valleys. Lakes formed in the basin during the Ice Age. In… ...
- Kentucky Information (12/8/2022) - With the Appalachian Mountains and the almost endless pastures where the horses eat the legendary bluegrass, Kentucky is certainly one of the most picturesque states in the USA. In the regions west of the mountains, Indians once lived and vigorously… ...
- Vermont – New England’s Rebellious Idyll (12/7/2022) - Vermont is different. For example, if you cross the state border coming from New York, you quickly notice that something is missing. The roadsides appear strangely bare, even though they aren't plastered over with advertising. Billboards are banned in Vermont.… ...
- Sightseeing in Alabama (12/6/2022) - Africatown Heritage House; Africatown The community of Africatown, just north of downtown Mobile, is one of America's most treasured historic communities. The Africatown Heritage House will therefore open in her honor in May 2022. The $1.3 million multi-sensory project is… ...
- Denver, Colorado (12/5/2022) - Colorado's capital, Denver, is located on the Prairie Fringe - a plain at a dizzy height of 1,600 meters above sea level. It is surrounded by high mountains and thus offers a really attractive panorama of this mighty mountain range.… ...