There are countries that are located on two continents and therefore they are called “Transcontinent Nations”. This is the case, for example, of Russia (Asia and Europe), Turkey (Asia and Europe), Egypt (Africa and Asia). There is also a city called bi continental – Istanbul, Turkey. It is the only city in the world divided between two continents (Asia and Europe). There are no flags representing each of the continents. There is indeed an emblem in which five continents are represented. These are the Olympic rings, which symbolize the union in sport of the African, American, Asian, European and oceanic continents.
|1st||Asia||45 million km|
|2nd||America||42 million km (North America – 23 million km; Central America – 523 thousand km; Caribbean; South America – 18 million km)|
|3rd||Africa||30 million km|
|4th||Antarctica||14 million km (this number increases about twice in winter, given the freezing waters)|
|5th||Europe||10 million km|
|6th||Oceania||8 million km|
Most Populated Continents
|1st||Asia||4 billion residents|
|2nd||Africa||1.2 billion residents|
|3rd||America||1 billion residents|
|4th||Europe||800 million residents|
|5th||Oceania||32 million residents|
Note: In Antarctica there is no permanent human population.
Most Populated Countries and Their Capitals
Asia has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
America has a total of 36 countries. Let’s look at the division by subcontinents:
The North America has four countries:
The Central America has 20 countries, of which the five most populous are:
|El Salvador||San Salvador||6,340,000|
The South America has 12 countries, of which the five most populous are:
Africa has a total of 54 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
|Democratic Republic of Congo||Kinshasa||67.510.000|
|South Africa||Pretoria (Executive), Bloemfontein (Judiciary), Cape Town (Legislative)||52,980,000|
Kenya – East Africa
Kenya is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Nairobi. About 48 million Kenyans and Kenyans of other nationalities live in Kenya. The official languages are Swahili and English. Kenya covers an area of around 592,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Kenya is Mount Kenya at 5,199 meters. Neighboring countries are Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Somalia and South Sudan.
Congo-Kinshasa – Central Africa
The Democratic Republic of the Congo is a country in Africa. The capital of the country is Kinshasa. There are around 79 million Congolese and Congolese people of other nationalities living in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The official language is French. The Democratic Republic of the Congo covers an area of around 2 million km² and is thus around seven times the size of Poland. The highest mountain in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is Margherita Peak at 5,109 meters.
Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Uganda, Angola, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, the Republic of the Congo and the Central African Republic.
Liberia – West Africa
Liberia is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Monrovia. About 4.6 million Liberians and Liberians of other nationalities live in Liberia. The official language is English. Liberia covers an area of around 98,000 km² and is therefore around three times the size of Belgium. Neighboring countries are Ivory Coast, Guinea and Sierra Leone.
Madagascar – East Africa
Madagascar, the red island, is an island city in the Indian Ocean. The capital is Antananarivo. Around 25 million Malagasy people, Malagasy people and residents of other nationalities, live in Madagascar. The official languages are Malagasy and French. Madagascar covers an area of around 587,000 km² and is thus slightly larger than France. The highest mountain in Madagascar is the Maromokotro at 2,876 meters.
Malawi – East Africa
Malawi is a state in Africa. The capital of the country is Lilongwe. Around 18 million Malawians, Malawians and residents of other nationalities, live in Malawi. The official languages are Chichewa and English. Malawi covers an area of around 118,000 km². Neighboring countries are Tanzania, Mozambique and Zambia.
Europe has a total of 50 countries, of which the 10 most populous are:
Slovakia – Southeast Europe
Slovakia is a state in Europe. The capital of the country is Bratislava. About 5.4 million Slovaks and Slovaks of other nationalities live in Slovakia. The official language is Slovak. Slovakia covers an area of around 49,000 km². Neighboring countries are the Ukraine, Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and the Republic of Austria.
Ukraine – Eastern Europe
Ukraine, the bread basket of Europe, is a state in Europe. The capital is Kiev. About 45 million Ukrainians and Ukrainians of other nationalities live in Ukraine. The official language is Ukrainian. The Ukraine covers an area of around 604,000 km² and is about seven times the size of the Republic of Austria. The highest mountain in Ukraine is the Hoverla at 2,061 meters. Neighboring countries are the Russian Federation, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Belarus, Slovakia and Moldova.
Oceania has a total of 14 countries and over 10,000 islands. The 5 most populous countries are:
|Papua New Guinea||Port moresby||7,321,000|
Australian History by Nation
There are no countries in Antarctica. This continent is a World Heritage Site and the signatories of the Antarctic Treaty are entitled to carry out investigations. There are 12 initial countries, number that has been extended and comprises the following nations:
|Bulgaria||United States||New Zealand||Sweden|
Oceans Bathing the Continents
Here are the oceans that bathe each continent:
|Asia||Arctic, Pacific and Indian Glacier|
|America||Pacific, Arctic and Atlantic Glacier|
|Africa||Atlantic and Indian|
|Antarctica||Pacific, Atlantic and Indian|
|Oceania||Pacific and Indian|
Check Countryaah for lists of countries on each continent.
Industry by nation
- Kenya Country Data (3/13/2023) - According to softwareleverage, Kenya is located in East Africa and is bordered by Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Tanzania. It has a total land area of 581,309 square miles and a population of approximately 53 million. The capital city… ...
- Crosby, North Dakota (3/12/2023) - Crosby, North Dakota is a small town located in Divide County and has a population of about 1,000 people. It has a total area of 0.8 square miles and is situated at an elevation of 1,934 feet above sea level.… ...
- Neffs, Ohio (3/11/2023) - Neffs, Ohio is a small village located in Belmont County. It has a population of approximately 1,000 people and is known for its friendly atmosphere and sense of community. The geography of Neffs is mostly rural, with rolling hills and… ...
- Yemassee, South Carolina (3/1/2023) - Yemassee is a small city located in the Lowcountry region of South Carolina with a population of around 2,000 people. It is situated in the eastern part of Hampton County, about 25 miles west of Beaufort. The city is located… ...
- Adrian, Michigan (2/22/2023) - According to a2zcamerablog, Adrian, Michigan is a small city located in the southeastern part of the state. It is situated along the River Raisin and is approximately 50 miles southwest of Detroit. The city was founded in 1826 and has… ...
- Kenya Climate and Weather (2/19/2023) - Kenya is a country located in Africa. It is bordered by Somalia to the east, Ethiopia to the north, Tanzania to the south, South Sudan to the northwest, and Uganda to the west. Kenya covers an area of 582,646 square… ...
- Addison, Maine (2/15/2023) - According to a2zcamerablog, Addison, Maine is a small rural town located in Washington County. It is situated on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean and is home to just over 900 people. The town was named after Addison Smith, who… ...
- Marmaris, Turkey (2/8/2023) - According to Zipcodesexplorer, Marmaris is one of the best resorts in Turkey, it is considered the most "European" in the country. The fact is that not so long ago, the main contingent of vacationers here consisted of the British and… ...
- Tromso, Norway (2/1/2023) - Tromso is a lively city located above the Arctic Circle, surrounded by fjords and mountains. It is a major port and university center and is often referred to as the "gateway to the Arctic" and the "Paris of the North".… ...
- Graz, Austria (12/28/2022) - According to Clothesbliss, Graz, located in southeastern Austria on the territory of Styria, is the second largest city in the country. This city is an organic combination of developed industry and natural beauties (green parks, a river flowing through the… ...